Sunday, February 3, 2008

Beginnings.

My recollections will be chronologically messy and even out of synch but hopefully as I tell my story I may be able to tighten up on the wheres and whens of what happened to me. Maybe you can help?
All the events, ( apart from the Cairney / Torbett court case of a few years back) occurred between 1974 and 1976 when I was 16 or 17 years of age.
Very exciting times very disturbing times, still with me 34 years later despite my best efforts to blot some of them out.
The recollections come to me almost exclusively at night when I am trying to settle down to sleep. My mind races over the could have's, should have's and maybes, emotions moving rapidly from anger, disgust, fear and pride or a combination of them all. All the old faces (now significantly dimmed) flash across my mind, as I try to make sense of events.
This space is where these memories will spill out and hopefully serve as a warning to young people who unwittingly find themselves in vulnerable situations, but perhaps most of all to the parents / guardians of young people to watch out for their offspring, and to protect them from the things that happened to me and other youngsters at the hands of Frank Cairney and his reptilian ilk.

No comments: